The Reason to Climb Mountains



The reason to climb mountains is not necessarily because I like them, but rather because they exist. Although fear can strike when navigating rugged terrain, the breathtaking vistas that emerge upon reaching the summit make me feel weightless, as if soaring above the clouds. Additionally, the mountains' ever-changing hues, which shift in accordance with the passing seasons, provide another compelling reason for me to continue climbing.



The majesty of the Great Wall prompts contemplation of its construction. There was a time when I believed that ascending the Wall would transform my life. Nowadays, it is a bustling tourist attraction, but the thought that it was once a site of conflict, where enemies were confronted in battle, compels me to linger.


PHOTO: The Great Wall, Beijing, China