The Wind Rises



As the chilly gusts of wind begin to blow, I am struck with the urge to organize my year ahead. Perhaps it is due to my time spent as a student in Seoul, where the clear distinction between the four seasons was readily apparent. Even in the late stages of autumn, the cold wind compelled me to look past the final exams and towards the upcoming school year. As the title of the movie "The Wind Rises" implies, the wind can serve as a powerful inspiration for living.



Rhode Island may be the smallest state in the United States, but the powerful sea breeze makes its presence known. The sudden onslaught of rain prompts thoughts of warm meals and hot beverages, and beckons me towards the comfort of a cozy indoor space. The colorful paint adorning the exterior of the seemingly effortlessly constructed old houses is truly eye-catching.



PHOTO: Rhode Island